Yup, the big 2-9. No idea what that is in bingo lingo.
You may recall that this time last year I made a list of 28 things to do before I turned 29. This list here:
Well let’s see how I did. I know for a fact I didn’t do all of them…
1. While not quite being within 3lbs either side of my target weight I am only a pound or 2 outside and I’m pretty darn happy with that. I stayed at target for 8 months and it’s actually harder to maintain a weight loss (3st in total) than it is to lose the weight in the first place. Go me!
2. I sold a painting in September, quite out of the blue but a very nice thing to happen.
3. I didn’t have my own stall or sell at any fayres. Basically because I’m too lazy to get my arse into gear and sort it out. This one will go on the next list…
4. I so didn’t learn Welsh. I signed up for an online thing but haven’t even looked at it. To be honest I’ve taken a peculiar liking to French these days…
5. I PASSED MY DRIVING TEST AND WE HAVE A LITTLE CAR!!!! We only got it like 2 weeks ago, it was exactly 5 months after I had passed my test, and I hadn’t driven in all that time. I love the little car.
6. I know I have written letters, probably not as many as I’d like to have though.
7. I bought a pair of DM boots in September. These ones. I am bitterly disappointed by them. They leak and the soles are rubbish – they’d worn through by January and that wasn’t constant wear. Just as well we didn’t have snow.
8. Save money? No. I don’t think I have the ability to do that, though maybe I have been more restrained in my purchases? No? Ok then… no, wait! I stopped spending money on food so much (ie. not going to the deli twice a day
9. I actually did run in the summer/autumn. I stopped when it got cold and started going to the gym, but then I started to begrudge paying for it so haven’t really been for a while. However I did run so it totally counts.
10. I did blog… but tweeted more. I love Twitter, I can’t deny my tweet-obsession.
11. I have printed photos and they’re hanging on the wall. WIN!
12. Since August I’ve been getting my hair done every 2 months or so by my lovely Lee at Morgans on Albany Road. I love him.
14. De-cluttering does not happen overnight, or indeed 366 days! We’re getting there, via Ikea.
15. No holibobs, but I’ve been to London about a million times in the last year. Does that count anymore?
16. My vinyl collection is growing. I’ve started to collect the Now… albums. I have 1-9 and 23 so far. They go up to 36 on vinyl.
17. Charlie Cheeseplant is thriving, as is Azrael the Prayer Plant AND I’m growing herbs and tomatoes. I think this is a definite win.
18. I had a new high-end point and click for Christmas and have neglected my DSLR recently. My little Sony is so good though. SO good.
19. I didn’t read 12 books, unless you count a year’s worth of Mollie Makes magazines! What I did do can be found on my Pinterest board here.
20. I baked Nutella cookies. They were good.
21. Last year I liked the records by Foster The People, Two Door Cinema Club and Emmy The Great & Tim Wheeler. There are probably more but I can’t think of any off the top of my head. I also really really like a local band called Robot Safari. Check them out, they are most good. Oh and The Vanities, another local band (and old friends of The Boy) making a comeback. While you’re at it you can buy Kilo-C’s EP on iTunes. This features my beautiful Ant on guitars and is wonderful even if I do say so myself.
22. I went out and met people. New people, or at least people I’d only ever spoken to on Twitter. This totally counts. I don’t like going out to mingle.
23. We didn’t have any picnics, which makes me sad. HOWEVER! This year we have the little car and the little car means roadtrips which means food outdoors in other places!
24. I can wear my blanket I suppose, but this isn’t what I meant. Again, now that I have little car I can take my sewing machine to sewing classes and learn things properly. Yay!
25. I had lots of tea but no parties. 😦
26. I don’t like surprises, especially when I surprise myself. Needless to say I fail at spontaneity.
27. I will find a WI for me. I will. The ones I found were a bit… old. I need to work out how to ask the federation if there are any younger groups without sounding offensive.